Senior Architect Jobs in New York Metro, USA
- Country/Region: US
- Field: Engineering
- Location: New York Metro, US
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Level of experience: 05-10 years
We are a leading, global consulting and engineering firm exclusively dedicated to the rail and mass transportation industry.
Globally, SYSTRA’S 8,500 employees focus on the entire spectrum of transportation. From metros, tramways, high speed, and heavy rail to bridges, roads, and aviation. Since our founding in 1957, we have conducted projects in more than 150 countries and 350 towns and cities. Annual revenue has grown to $1B.
Since 1985, our work in the USA has centered on delivering, planning, designing, engineering, and program/construction management solutions to rail and transit agencies. We are sought-after for our expertise in high speed, commuter, intercity rail, and metros to light rail, electric and autonomous vehicles, and bus systems. SYSTRA USA is growing to 200+ employees and $100M in annual revenue. We are committed to designing and delivering secure, efficient, and cost-effective transportation solutions with a devotion to the passenger experience, safety first, and reducing environmental impact.
Candidates should align with SYSTRA’s mission of being the signature team for transportation solutions through EXCELLENCE, CONNECTED TEAMS & BOLD LEADERSHIP. They should also be energized by working in a collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment that supports professional and company growth.
Role: Senior Architect
Location: NYC Metro Area – Hybrid
Reports To: President, Architecture
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an architecture from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Registered Licensed Architect, (New Jersey or New York)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD /Revit, 3D modeling MicroStation & BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Knowledge of architectural design development, CD’s, codes, standards, and other disciplines
- Previous architectural experience with the NYC school construction authority, NYC Housing Authority or rail transportation
- Business acumen
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal
- Strong presenter
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent multitasker with the ability to effectively prioritize competing initiatives and projects
- Strong collaborator
- Other: Willingness to sign and seal the work of individuals under their supervision
As a SYSTRA USA Senior Architect, you will apply your experience to a variety of design/build/architecture/engineering projects including metro rail, public schools, and public housing. In this role you will lead a team through planning, coordinating and managing project deliverables; Manage relationships with clients, vendors and other contractors involved in assigned projects; Lead and mentor full cycle project design teams through the development of creative design solutions while launching new approaches to raise the bar for the team and the business; Prepare and review project documents; Ensure project quality; Consult with clients on project deliverables; Oversee project financial performance by ensuring assigned projects stay on track and on budget.
SYSTRA USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law.