Senior Proposals Manager Jobs in New York City
The senior bid manager works in close relationship with the relevant head of bids, supporting the ongoing development of the company’s work winning activity, helping to develop deeper, more insightful relationships with our clients, working across the consultancy business to identify and develop operational best practice and raising the standard in how bids should be managed and produced across the business.
Works on significant opportunities to lead the translation of consultancy business strategy and objectives into practical bid plans that include win strategies, integrated marketing and communications activity and programme management. The senior bid manager is expected to use a regular interface with all senior members of the business to assist in business development, identifying opportunities and synergies, joining up thinking and activity across the business, and making a positive impact on the businesses capture management and pursuit of opportunities.
To support the continuous improvement of the consultancy bid team, develop and coach both direct and indirect reports to develop their roles, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and act as a champion for best practice bid management at all times.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Developing a bid strategy. Analysing bid documentation to uncover what’s important. Undertaking client/project/scope/stakeholders/competitor research to better understand opportunities. Facilitating workshops with the wider bid team to share knowledge and develop a strategy. Building commitment to the strategy within the entire bid team.
- Execution of that strategy. Based on research/workshop define a strategy to win and capture/champion it.
- Creating a plan to execute that strategy, identity, incorporating additional media/materials, to support that strategy. Creating guidance/templates to support that strategy – CV templates/writing style guides.
- Managing the process. Project/bid management – defining deliverables/deadlines and owners – the bid plan.
- Project planning. Owning the bid programme, highlighting interdependencies and taking the lead in monitoring/reporting on progress.
- Internal progress meetings – bid kick off/booking regular progress meetings/setting the agenda/supporting the meetings. External meetings – supporting the bid team through mid-bid/site/progress meetings.
- Resource planning. Managing inputs and outsourcing to support bid production, including 4D visualisation and external printing/outsourcing requirements.
- Writing the bid. Answer plan/storyboard with the team to understand the question/scoring mechanisms and set a clear path for bid team to deliver in line with your strategy.
- Taking proactive role in the writing of standard content/CVs/project profiles – closing gaps where possible by interviewing / questioning relevant parts of the business. Proofing/copying editing responses to ensure compelling, benefits-driven copy.Taking the lead in writing compelling, factual, focused executive summaries
- Submitting the bid. Ensuring all required reviews and adjudication/sign-offs are required in line with Mace Way.
- Taking the lead in the bid programme, ensuring review and completion dates are achieved to deliver a bid to deadline.
- Post bid presentations. Agreeing storyboards and scripting for presentations. Creating additional supporting content – printed models/video/large-format printing as required to generate interest/interactivity. Producing leave-behind documentation if required.
- Coaching and rehearsing the team to ensure successful delivery.
You have a degree in a relevant discipline. Ideally chartered member of SMPS or another appropriate professional body.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting relationships. You have Adobe creative suite (In Design) experience and will be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
We are global experts in shaping and making the built environment. We support clients at every stage of the property lifecycle, from development and consultancy to construction and operations.
You can see our impact everywhere: from skylines that form cities around the world to the infrastructure that communities depend on to live, work and play. Together, it all works towards our vision: leading the way to a more connected, resilient and sustainable world.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, the Americas, Sub Saharan Africa and Asia Pacific.
Our culture respects equality, values diversity and encourages individuality – accepting and appreciating all views and beliefs and providing an environment for ideas to come alive. We welcome everyone who shares the Mace values, regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Drawing on a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and expertise to challenge convention is our strength. It’s the reason why we continue to grow and it’s the secret to how we’ve built some of the world’s most renowned buildings.
Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact [email protected] to speak to a member of our team. You can read our diversity and inclusion strategy here.